In these one-on-one coaching sessions, students will learn how to:
- Follow through with tasks that need to be completed to succeed in middle school, high school, or college
- Set goals, turn them into actionable steps, and follow through on those steps
- Learn new habits to make study, organization, and time management less stressful
- Use a proven time management system to keep track of deadlines, including exams and assignment due dates, and to plan study accordingly
- Increase the ability to concentrate and keep attention on studies and responsibilities
- Reduce the distractions that get in the way of being on top of school requirements
- Organize time, tools, and resources to maximize the chance of success
- Use study tools and strategies that have a proven track record of increasing learning, retention, and retrieval of information
- Successfully prepare for and take exams, instead of cramming
- Interact with teachers and professors in effective, successful ways
- Be accountable for behavior and performance
- Think critically about all aspects of the school experience
I’m Interested! What Do I Do Now?
I’m glad you asked! Here are the two easy steps:
1. Click here to tell me about your situation. This link will take you to a Google Form where you can tell me what the biggest issues are and what you really want to work on. This will help me know what kind of tools and time you might need to resolve those issues and get on track for success.
2. After you submit the Google Form, you’ll see a screen with a Calendly URL. Click that URL to schedule your FREE “Launchpad to Success” chat session with me. In this session, we’ll take an hour or so to dig into your situation. We can talk either on the phone or in video chat (through Skype, Google Hangouts, FaceTime, or Zoom).
After we’ve had our initial session, I’ll give you my assessment of what I can do for you, and 24 hours to think it over. We’ll have a follow-up chat the next day, either by phone or by video, so you (or you and your student) can give me your decision.
Why Do We Have To Meet First?
It’s important to find out if we’ll work well together, and what your main concerns are. There may be concerns that I don’t specialize in, or you may decide you don’t want to work with me. I only work with people who truly want to work with me, so it’s better to find out before any money changes hands.
Speaking of Money, What Are Your Prices?
As you can see, I have flexible solutions for pretty much any situation!
CLASSES – Coming Soon!
I will soon be offering online classes on the first-year college experience, college-level writing, college-level research, and other issues. Keep an eye on this page for updates, and join our mailing list so you won’t miss the announcement!
Please note: Academic coaching and tutoring are not the same thing. Tutoring is aimed at subject-specific problems. Academic coaching is about the development of skill sets and habits that will help you across all the courses that you’re taking. If your issue is subject-specific rather than skills-based, you may want to contact a local tutoring service that can help you focus on the specific subject you’re having trouble with.
Student Resources Page
If you need some general resources for college prep or college, you can also click here to see some helpful links for students!